Zip Code 53215 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 53215 overview
|Population||54,914||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.02|
|Land Area||5.66 sq. miles||Population Density||9,702.63 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$490||Median Home Value||$72800|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 53215 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 53215
Zip Code 53215 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||719|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||178|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||90|
|Accommodation and Food Services||58|
|Finance and Insurance||35|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||33|
|Transportation and Warehousing||25|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||23|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||14|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||12|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||5|
|Industries not classified||1|
Milwaukee vs. Zip Code 53215 Comparative Analysis
- 6.76% of Milwaukee residents live in zip code 53215. The average male population in Milwaukee is 49.1% lower then the male population of zipcode 53215. The average female population in Milwaukee is 45.3% lower then the female population of zipcode 53215. The largest racial group in zip code 53215 is white with 63.8%. Most residents occupy detached units with 35.32% of the total population of Milwaukee.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 53215 is 1:0.54. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.57 in Milwaukee. The highest number of families in zip code 53215 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Milwaukee earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 53215 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Milwaukee earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 53215 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Milwaukee. Most residents of zip code 53215 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Milwaukee.
- Most residents of zip code 53215 (86.28 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Milwaukee also use car, track or van to go to work with 85.54 percent.
- 24.73% of the residents of zip code 53215 attend school. The school attendance in Milwaukee is 26.02%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 53215 is 1:1.07. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Milwaukee is 1:0.97. The largest number of housing units in zip code 53215 (39.02 percent) are 2 unit residences. In comparison, most housing units in Milwaukee are detached unit residences with 44.11 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 53215 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Wisconsin
List of zip codes near 53215