Zip Code 98106 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 98106 overview
|Population||23,106||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 0.99|
|Land Area||5.50 sq. miles||Population Density||4,203.54 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$702||Median Home Value||$157600|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 98106 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 98106
Zip Code 98106 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||392|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||43|
|Accommodation and Food Services||33|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||31|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||28|
|Transportation and Warehousing||27|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||18|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||17|
|Finance and Insurance||12|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||6|
|Industries not classified||3|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||3|
Seattle vs. Zip Code 98106 Comparative Analysis
- 2.94% of Seattle residents live in zip code 98106. The average male population in Seattle is 0.74% lower then the male population of zipcode 98106. The average female population in Seattle is 0.94% higher then the female population of zipcode 98106. The largest racial group in zip code 98106 is white with 46.65%. Most residents occupy detached units with 48.12% of the total population of Seattle.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 98106 is 1:0.53. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.33 in Seattle. The highest number of families in zip code 98106 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Seattle earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 98106 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Seattle earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 98106 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Seattle. Most residents of zip code 98106 speak English as their first language with Asian being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Seattle.
- Most residents of zip code 98106 (78.23 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Seattle also use car, track or van to go to work with 72.56 percent.
- 25.17% of the residents of zip code 98106 attend school. The school attendance in Seattle is 21.83%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 98106 is 1:0.93. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Seattle is 1:0.94. The largest number of housing units in zip code 98106 (64.39 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Seattle are detached unit residences with 52.32 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 98106 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Washington
List of zip codes near 98106