Zip Code 23455 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 23455 overview
|Population||43,053||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.05|
|Land Area||16.12 sq. miles||Population Density||2,670.27 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$721||Median Home Value||$141100|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 23455 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 23455
Zip Code 23455 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1171|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||135|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||124|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||114|
|Accommodation and Food Services||111|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||79|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||72|
|Finance and Insurance||60|
|Transportation and Warehousing||41|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||10|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||7|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||2|
|Industries not classified||2|
Virginia Beach vs. Zip Code 23455 Comparative Analysis
- 10.22% of Virginia Beach residents live in zip code 23455. The average male population in Virginia Beach is 0.96% lower then the male population of zipcode 23455. The average female population in Virginia Beach is 3.26% lower then the female population of zipcode 23455. The largest racial group in zip code 23455 is white with 78.99%. Most residents occupy detached units with 54.1% of the total population of Virginia Beach.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 23455 is 1:0.23. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.27 in Virginia Beach. The highest number of families in zip code 23455 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Virginia Beach earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 23455 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Virginia Beach earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 23455 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Virginia Beach. Most residents of zip code 23455 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of Virginia Beach speak English with Spanish being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 23455 (94.53 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Virginia Beach also use car, track or van to go to work with 94.32 percent.
- 21.65% of the residents of zip code 23455 attend school. The school attendance in Virginia Beach is 25.18%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 23455 is 1:0.56. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Virginia Beach is 1:0.52. The largest number of housing units in zip code 23455 (57.1 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Virginia Beach are detached unit residences with 56.62 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 23455 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Virginia
List of zip codes near 23455