Zip Code 20165 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 20165 overview
|Population||27,214||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.07|
|Land Area||9.81 sq. miles||Population Density||2,773.77 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$1212||Median Home Value||$234900|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 20165 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 20165
Zip Code 20165 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||657|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||201|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||91|
|Accommodation and Food Services||52|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||42|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||40|
|Finance and Insurance||38|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||33|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||9|
|Transportation and Warehousing||4|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||2|
|Industries not classified||2|
Sterling vs. Zip Code 20165 Comparative Analysis
- 41.45% of Sterling residents live in zip code 20165. The average male population in Sterling is 17.62% lower then the male population of zipcode 20165. The average female population in Sterling is 21.43% lower then the female population of zipcode 20165. The largest racial group in zip code 20165 is white with 84.02%. Most residents occupy detached units with 58.06% of the total population of Sterling.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 20165 is 1:0.13. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.19 in Sterling. The highest number of families in zip code 20165 earn $100,000 to $200,000. The highest number of families in Sterling earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 20165 earn $100,000 to $200,000. The highest number of households in Sterling earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 20165 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Sterling. Most residents of zip code 20165 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of Sterling speak English with Spanish being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 20165 (93.01 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Sterling also use car, track or van to go to work with 93.42 percent.
- 24.9% of the residents of zip code 20165 attend school. The school attendance in Sterling is 24.61%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 20165 is 1:0.22. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Sterling is 1:0.26. The largest number of housing units in zip code 20165 (52.22 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Sterling are detached unit residences with 50.79 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 20165 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Virginia
List of zip codes near 20165