Zip Code 78213 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 78213 overview
|Population||39,568||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.14|
|Land Area||8.00 sq. miles||Population Density||4,943.59 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$579||Median Home Value||$65000|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 78213 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 78213
Zip Code 78213 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||791|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||122|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||100|
|Finance and Insurance||90|
|Accommodation and Food Services||63|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||61|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||54|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||48|
|Transportation and Warehousing||9|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||7|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||5|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||1|
|Industries not classified||1|
San Antonio vs. Zip Code 78213 Comparative Analysis
- 3.02% of San Antonio residents live in zip code 78213. The average male population in San Antonio is 42.85% lower then the male population of zipcode 78213. The average female population in San Antonio is 46.43% lower then the female population of zipcode 78213. The largest racial group in zip code 78213 is white with 76.91%. Most residents occupy detached units with 53.46% of the total population of San Antonio.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 78213 is 1:0.4. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.39 in San Antonio. The highest number of families in zip code 78213 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in San Antonio earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 78213 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in San Antonio earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 78213 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 2 people in San Antonio. Most residents of zip code 78213 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to San Antonio.
- Most residents of zip code 78213 (92.83 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of San Antonio also use car, track or van to go to work with 91.12 percent.
- 23.86% of the residents of zip code 78213 attend school. The school attendance in San Antonio is 25.71%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 78213 is 1:0.98. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in San Antonio is 1:0.66. The largest number of housing units in zip code 78213 (55.35 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in San Antonio are detached unit residences with 65.54 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 78213 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Texas
List of zip codes near 78213