Zip Code 77049 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 77049 overview
|Population||16,478||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1|
|Land Area||24.58 sq. miles||Population Density||670.35 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$632||Median Home Value||$62600|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 77049 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 77049
Zip Code 77049 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||251|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||31|
|Transportation and Warehousing||29|
|Accommodation and Food Services||23|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||12|
|Finance and Insurance||12|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||11|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||9|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||9|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||4|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||3|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||1|
Houston vs. Zip Code 77049 Comparative Analysis
- 0.64% of Houston residents live in zip code 77049. The average male population in Houston is 61.61% higher then the male population of zipcode 77049. The average female population in Houston is 63.46% higher then the female population of zipcode 77049. The largest racial group in zip code 77049 is white with 47.6%. Most residents occupy detached units with 61.64% of the total population of Houston.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 77049 is 1:0.4. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.4 in Houston. The highest number of families in zip code 77049 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Houston earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 77049 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Houston earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 77049 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Houston. Most residents of zip code 77049 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Houston.
- Most residents of zip code 77049 (96.57 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Houston also use car, track or van to go to work with 90.11 percent.
- 29.31% of the residents of zip code 77049 attend school. The school attendance in Houston is 25.01%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 77049 is 1:0.53. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Houston is 1:0.99. The largest number of housing units in zip code 77049 (69.11 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Houston are detached unit residences with 50.85 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 77049 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Texas
List of zip codes near 77049