Zip Code 78759 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 78759 overview
|Population||40,327||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1|
|Land Area||13.92 sq. miles||Population Density||2,897.64 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$895||Median Home Value||$191900|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 78759 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 78759
Zip Code 78759 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||2079|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||514|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||244|
|Finance and Insurance||243|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||136|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||129|
|Accommodation and Food Services||126|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||104|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||20|
|Transportation and Warehousing||12|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||10|
|Industries not classified||5|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||3|
Austin vs. Zip Code 78759 Comparative Analysis
- 5.17% of Austin residents live in zip code 78759. The average male population in Austin is 54.06% lower then the male population of zipcode 78759. The average female population in Austin is 55.95% lower then the female population of zipcode 78759. The largest racial group in zip code 78759 is white with 85.56%. Most residents occupy detached units with 50.92% of the total population of Austin.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 78759 is 1:0.17. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.33 in Austin. The highest number of families in zip code 78759 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Austin earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 78759 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Austin earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 78759 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Austin. Most residents of zip code 78759 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Austin.
- Most residents of zip code 78759 (93.59 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Austin also use car, track or van to go to work with 89.01 percent.
- 21.3% of the residents of zip code 78759 attend school. The school attendance in Austin is 27.02%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 78759 is 1:1.21. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Austin is 1:1.03. The largest number of housing units in zip code 78759 (40.37 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Austin are detached unit residences with 50.29 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 78759 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Texas
List of zip codes near 78759