Zip Code 79603 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 79603 overview
|Population||23,700||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.1|
|Land Area||58.40 sq. miles||Population Density||405.81 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$415||Median Home Value||$40800|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 79603 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 79603
Zip Code 79603 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||386|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||49|
|Finance and Insurance||38|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||38|
|Accommodation and Food Services||34|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||22|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||20|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||16|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||14|
|Transportation and Warehousing||13|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||7|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||7|
|Industries not classified||1|
Abilene vs. Zip Code 79603 Comparative Analysis
- 20.09% of Abilene residents live in zip code 79603. The average male population in Abilene is 4.62% higher then the male population of zipcode 79603. The average female population in Abilene is 5.07% lower then the female population of zipcode 79603. The largest racial group in zip code 79603 is white with 68.7%. Most residents occupy detached units with 62.87% of the total population of Abilene.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 79603 is 1:0.37. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.27 in Abilene. The highest number of families in zip code 79603 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Abilene earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 79603 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Abilene earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 79603 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Abilene. Most residents of zip code 79603 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Abilene.
- Most residents of zip code 79603 (96.21 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Abilene also use car, track or van to go to work with 94.48 percent.
- 24.17% of the residents of zip code 79603 attend school. The school attendance in Abilene is 25.73%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 79603 is 1:0.5. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Abilene is 1:0.61. The largest number of housing units in zip code 79603 (79.67 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Abilene are detached unit residences with 70.9 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 79603 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Texas
List of zip codes near 79603