Zip Code 37218 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 37218 overview
|Population||15,045||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.26|
|Land Area||39.44 sq. miles||Population Density||381.48 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$485||Median Home Value||$86400|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 37218 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 37218
Zip Code 37218 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||175|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||23|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||22|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||13|
|Finance and Insurance||12|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||10|
|Transportation and Warehousing||10|
|Accommodation and Food Services||8|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||2|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||2|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||2|
Nashville vs. Zip Code 37218 Comparative Analysis
- 3.64% of Nashville residents live in zip code 37218. The average male population in Nashville is 43.12% higher then the male population of zipcode 37218. The average female population in Nashville is 21.15% higher then the female population of zipcode 37218. The largest racial group in zip code 37218 is black with 72.83%. Most residents occupy detached units with 65.26% of the total population of Nashville.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 37218 is 1:0.58. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.48 in Nashville. The highest number of families in zip code 37218 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Nashville earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 37218 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Nashville earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 37218 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Nashville. Most residents of zip code 37218 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Nashville.
- Most residents of zip code 37218 (95.68 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Nashville also use car, track or van to go to work with 91.27 percent.
- 19.63% of the residents of zip code 37218 attend school. The school attendance in Nashville is 22.96%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 37218 is 1:0.32. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Nashville is 1:0.85. The largest number of housing units in zip code 37218 (83.02 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Nashville are detached unit residences with 52.08 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 37218 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Tennessee
List of zip codes near 37218