Zip Code 37205 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 37205 overview
|Population||21,630||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.19|
|Land Area||14.53 sq. miles||Population Density||1,488.54 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$833||Median Home Value||$268200|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 37205 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 37205
Zip Code 37205 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||744|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||105|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||104|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||70|
|Finance and Insurance||69|
|Accommodation and Food Services||49|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||48|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||37|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||23|
|Transportation and Warehousing||6|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||5|
|Industries not classified||1|
Nashville vs. Zip Code 37205 Comparative Analysis
- 5.23% of Nashville residents live in zip code 37205. The average male population in Nashville is 3.59% lower then the male population of zipcode 37205. The average female population in Nashville is 13.49% lower then the female population of zipcode 37205. The largest racial group in zip code 37205 is white with 96.19%. Most residents occupy detached units with 64.09% of the total population of Nashville.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 37205 is 1:0.14. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.48 in Nashville. The highest number of families in zip code 37205 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Nashville earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 37205 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Nashville earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 37205 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Nashville. Most residents of zip code 37205 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of Nashville speak English with Spanish being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 37205 (91.22 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Nashville also use car, track or van to go to work with 91.27 percent.
- 19.52% of the residents of zip code 37205 attend school. The school attendance in Nashville is 22.96%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 37205 is 1:0.39. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Nashville is 1:0.85. The largest number of housing units in zip code 37205 (56.85 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Nashville are detached unit residences with 52.08 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 37205 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Tennessee
List of zip codes near 37205