Zip Code 29609 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 29609 overview
|Population||32,002||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.09|
|Land Area||24.15 sq. miles||Population Density||1,325.18 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$481||Median Home Value||$110200|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 29609 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 29609
Zip Code 29609 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||870|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||113|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||98|
|Accommodation and Food Services||70|
|Finance and Insurance||57|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||53|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||51|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||28|
|Transportation and Warehousing||9|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||8|
|Industries not classified||2|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||1|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||1|
Greenville vs. Zip Code 29609 Comparative Analysis
- 17.37% of Greenville residents live in zip code 29609. The average male population in Greenville is 17.45% lower then the male population of zipcode 29609. The average female population in Greenville is 18.05% lower then the female population of zipcode 29609. The largest racial group in zip code 29609 is white with 82.54%. Most residents occupy detached units with 50.3% of the total population of Greenville.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 29609 is 1:0.3. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.4 in Greenville. The highest number of families in zip code 29609 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Greenville earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 29609 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Greenville earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 29609 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Greenville. Most residents of zip code 29609 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Greenville.
- Most residents of zip code 29609 (82.66 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Greenville also use car, track or van to go to work with 92.96 percent.
- 31.78% of the residents of zip code 29609 attend school. The school attendance in Greenville is 21.83%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 29609 is 1:0.55. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Greenville is 1:0.71. The largest number of housing units in zip code 29609 (71.55 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Greenville are detached unit residences with 61.01 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 29609 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in South Carolina
List of zip codes near 29609