Zip Code 17406 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 17406 overview
|Population||6,238||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.01|
|Land Area||49.55 sq. miles||Population Density||125.89 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$533||Median Home Value||$108700|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 17406 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 17406
Zip Code 17406 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||331|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||43|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||23|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||21|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||21|
|Accommodation and Food Services||19|
|Transportation and Warehousing||8|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||7|
|Finance and Insurance||5|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||3|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||2|
|Industries not classified||1|
York vs. Zip Code 17406 Comparative Analysis
- 4.09% of York residents live in zip code 17406. The average male population in York is 295.48% higher then the male population of zipcode 17406. The average female population in York is 319.74% higher then the female population of zipcode 17406. The largest racial group in zip code 17406 is white with 97.29%. Most residents occupy detached units with 72.51% of the total population of York.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 17406 is 1:0.17. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.28 in York. The highest number of families in zip code 17406 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in York earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 17406 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in York earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 17406 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in York. Most residents of zip code 17406 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to York.
- Most residents of zip code 17406 (93.93 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of York also use car, track or van to go to work with 92.77 percent.
- 18.21% of the residents of zip code 17406 attend school. The school attendance in York is 20.37%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 17406 is 1:0.24. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in York is 1:0.45. The largest number of housing units in zip code 17406 (74.32 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in York are detached unit residences with 51.91 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 17406 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Pennsylvania
List of zip codes near 17406