Zip Code 18701 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 18701 overview
|Population||3,612||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.08|
|Land Area||0.53 sq. miles||Population Density||6,758.98 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$458||Median Home Value||$58100|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 18701 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 18701
Zip Code 18701 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||339|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||72|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||47|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||43|
|Finance and Insurance||32|
|Accommodation and Food Services||27|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||13|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||11|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||5|
|Transportation and Warehousing||4|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||4|
Wilkes Barre vs. Zip Code 18701 Comparative Analysis
- 4.66% of Wilkes Barre residents live in zip code 18701. The average male population in Wilkes Barre is 436.23% higher then the male population of zipcode 18701. The average female population in Wilkes Barre is 436.47% higher then the female population of zipcode 18701. The largest racial group in zip code 18701 is white with 88.29%. Most residents occupy detached units with 3.18% of the total population of Wilkes Barre.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 18701 is 1:0.46. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.38 in Wilkes Barre. The highest number of families in zip code 18701 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Wilkes Barre earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 18701 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Wilkes Barre earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 18701 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Wilkes Barre. Most residents of zip code 18701 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Wilkes Barre.
- Most residents of zip code 18701 (59.68 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Wilkes Barre also use car, track or van to go to work with 91.42 percent.
- 43.36% of the residents of zip code 18701 attend school. The school attendance in Wilkes Barre is 20.31%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 18701 is 1:10.61. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Wilkes Barre is 1:0.62. The largest number of housing units in zip code 18701 (40.02 percent) are 50+ unit residences. In comparison, most housing units in Wilkes Barre are detached unit residences with 51.93 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 18701 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Pennsylvania
List of zip codes near 18701