Zip Code 15235 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 15235 overview
|Population||39,111||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.14|
|Land Area||14.66 sq. miles||Population Density||2,667.31 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$572||Median Home Value||$72100|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 15235 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 15235
Zip Code 15235 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||808|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||112|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||108|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||70|
|Finance and Insurance||64|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||62|
|Accommodation and Food Services||58|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||39|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||12|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||11|
|Transportation and Warehousing||5|
|Industries not classified||2|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
Pittsburgh vs. Zip Code 15235 Comparative Analysis
- 5.31% of Pittsburgh residents live in zip code 15235. The average male population in Pittsburgh is 51.08% lower then the male population of zipcode 15235. The average female population in Pittsburgh is 52.22% lower then the female population of zipcode 15235. The largest racial group in zip code 15235 is white with 74.32%. Most residents occupy detached units with 80.37% of the total population of Pittsburgh.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 15235 is 1:0.33. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.38 in Pittsburgh. The highest number of families in zip code 15235 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Pittsburgh earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 15235 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Pittsburgh earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 15235 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Pittsburgh. Most residents of zip code 15235 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Pittsburgh.
- Most residents of zip code 15235 (88.77 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Pittsburgh also use car, track or van to go to work with 77.35 percent.
- 19.53% of the residents of zip code 15235 attend school. The school attendance in Pittsburgh is 23.16%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 15235 is 1:0.26. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Pittsburgh is 1:0.6. The largest number of housing units in zip code 15235 (83.37 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Pittsburgh are detached unit residences with 56.14 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 15235 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Pennsylvania
List of zip codes near 15235