Zip Code 97055 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 97055 overview
|Population||13,440||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 0.95|
|Land Area||117.84 sq. miles||Population Density||114.05 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$630||Median Home Value||$186500|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 97055 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 97055
Zip Code 97055 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||408|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||47|
|Accommodation and Food Services||35|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||28|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||26|
|Transportation and Warehousing||18|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||16|
|Finance and Insurance||16|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||15|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||3|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||2|
|Industries not classified||1|
Sandy vs. Zip Code 97055 Comparative Analysis
- The largest racial group in zip code 97055 is white with 95.01%. Most residents occupy detached units with 63.55% of the total population of Sandy.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 97055 is 1:0.19. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.19 in Sandy. The highest number of families in zip code 97055 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Sandy earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 97055 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Sandy earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 97055 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Sandy. Most residents of zip code 97055 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Sandy.
- Most residents of zip code 97055 (92.88 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Sandy also use car, track or van to go to work with 92.88 percent.
- 22.11% of the residents of zip code 97055 attend school. The school attendance in Sandy is 22.11%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 97055 is 1:0.29. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Sandy is 1:0.29. The largest number of housing units in zip code 97055 (71.72 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Sandy are detached unit residences with 71.72 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 97055 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Oregon
List of zip codes near 97055