Zip Code 97217 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 97217 overview
|Population||29,683||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.03|
|Land Area||12.92 sq. miles||Population Density||2,296.86 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$647||Median Home Value||$127600|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 97217 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 97217
Zip Code 97217 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1043|
|Accommodation and Food Services||139|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||73|
|Transportation and Warehousing||68|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||66|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||58|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||55|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||45|
|Finance and Insurance||32|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||20|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||18|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||1|
|Industries not classified||1|
Portland vs. Zip Code 97217 Comparative Analysis
- 3.83% of Portland residents live in zip code 97217. The average male population in Portland is 18.55% lower then the male population of zipcode 97217. The average female population in Portland is 18.47% lower then the female population of zipcode 97217. The largest racial group in zip code 97217 is white with 64.3%. Most residents occupy detached units with 59% of the total population of Portland.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 97217 is 1:0.49. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.32 in Portland. The highest number of families in zip code 97217 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Portland earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 97217 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Portland earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 97217 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Portland. Most residents of zip code 97217 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Portland.
- Most residents of zip code 97217 (80.26 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Portland also use car, track or van to go to work with 79.29 percent.
- 20.06% of the residents of zip code 97217 attend school. The school attendance in Portland is 21.53%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 97217 is 1:0.54. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Portland is 1:0.73. The largest number of housing units in zip code 97217 (71.39 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Portland are detached unit residences with 60.77 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 97217 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Oregon
List of zip codes near 97217