Zip Code 28610 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 28610 overview
|Population||8,610||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1|
|Land Area||40.27 sq. miles||Population Density||213.79 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$522||Median Home Value||$92900|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 28610 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 28610
Zip Code 28610 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||148|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||18|
|Accommodation and Food Services||14|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||9|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||7|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||6|
|Transportation and Warehousing||5|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||5|
|Finance and Insurance||4|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||1|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||1|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||1|
Claremont vs. Zip Code 28610 Comparative Analysis
- The largest racial group in zip code 28610 is white with 88.76%. Most residents occupy detached units with 53.98% of the total population of Claremont.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 28610 is 1:0.28. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.28 in Claremont. The highest number of families in zip code 28610 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Claremont earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 28610 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Claremont earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 28610 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Claremont. Most residents of zip code 28610 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Claremont.
- Most residents of zip code 28610 (98.25 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Claremont also use car, track or van to go to work with 98.25 percent.
- 21.33% of the residents of zip code 28610 attend school. The school attendance in Claremont is 21.33%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 28610 is 1:0.2. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Claremont is 1:0.2. The largest number of housing units in zip code 28610 (61.29 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Claremont are detached unit residences with 61.29 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 28610 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in North Carolina
List of zip codes near 28610