Zip Code 28214 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 28214 overview
|Population||20,834||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.02|
|Land Area||32.74 sq. miles||Population Density||636.32 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$670||Median Home Value||$114400|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 28214 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 28214
Zip Code 28214 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||443|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||40|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||39|
|Transportation and Warehousing||37|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||33|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||31|
|Accommodation and Food Services||30|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||17|
|Finance and Insurance||17|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||3|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
Charlotte vs. Zip Code 28214 Comparative Analysis
- 3.43% of Charlotte residents live in zip code 28214. The average male population in Charlotte is 15.81% higher then the male population of zipcode 28214. The average female population in Charlotte is 17.41% higher then the female population of zipcode 28214. The largest racial group in zip code 28214 is white with 71.38%. Most residents occupy detached units with 75.39% of the total population of Charlotte.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 28214 is 1:0.24. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.36 in Charlotte. The highest number of families in zip code 28214 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Charlotte earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 28214 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Charlotte earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 28214 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Charlotte. Most residents of zip code 28214 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Charlotte.
- Most residents of zip code 28214 (96.32 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Charlotte also use car, track or van to go to work with 92.31 percent.
- 21.8% of the residents of zip code 28214 attend school. The school attendance in Charlotte is 23.44%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 28214 is 1:0.14. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Charlotte is 1:0.65. The largest number of housing units in zip code 28214 (82.91 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Charlotte are detached unit residences with 58.81 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 28214 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in North Carolina
List of zip codes near 28214