Zip Code 28210 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 28210 overview
|Population||40,960||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.04|
|Land Area||12.70 sq. miles||Population Density||3,224.33 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$748||Median Home Value||$163100|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 28210 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 28210
Zip Code 28210 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1117|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||190|
|Finance and Insurance||179|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||135|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||94|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||69|
|Accommodation and Food Services||68|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||61|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||15|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||10|
|Transportation and Warehousing||6|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||2|
|Industries not classified||2|
Charlotte vs. Zip Code 28210 Comparative Analysis
- 6.74% of Charlotte residents live in zip code 28210. The average male population in Charlotte is 40.39% lower then the male population of zipcode 28210. The average female population in Charlotte is 40.97% lower then the female population of zipcode 28210. The largest racial group in zip code 28210 is white with 79.14%. Most residents occupy detached units with 51.99% of the total population of Charlotte.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 28210 is 1:0.24. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.36 in Charlotte. The highest number of families in zip code 28210 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Charlotte earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 28210 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Charlotte earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 28210 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Charlotte. Most residents of zip code 28210 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Charlotte.
- Most residents of zip code 28210 (93.52 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Charlotte also use car, track or van to go to work with 92.31 percent.
- 18.85% of the residents of zip code 28210 attend school. The school attendance in Charlotte is 23.44%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 28210 is 1:0.71. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Charlotte is 1:0.65. The largest number of housing units in zip code 28210 (46.27 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Charlotte are detached unit residences with 58.81 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 28210 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in North Carolina
List of zip codes near 28210