Zip Code 14221 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 14221 overview
|Population||51,624||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.17|
|Land Area||22.99 sq. miles||Population Density||2,245.22 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$751||Median Home Value||$124400|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 14221 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 14221
Zip Code 14221 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||2388|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||366|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||303|
|Finance and Insurance||241|
|Accommodation and Food Services||190|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||188|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||139|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||133|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||88|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||36|
|Transportation and Warehousing||30|
|Industries not classified||4|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||3|
Buffalo vs. Zip Code 14221 Comparative Analysis
- 8.63% of Buffalo residents live in zip code 14221. The average male population in Buffalo is 56.39% lower then the male population of zipcode 14221. The average female population in Buffalo is 57.65% lower then the female population of zipcode 14221. The largest racial group in zip code 14221 is white with 92.42%. Most residents occupy detached units with 75.19% of the total population of Buffalo.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 14221 is 1:0.15. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.49 in Buffalo. The highest number of families in zip code 14221 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Buffalo earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 14221 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Buffalo earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 14221 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Buffalo. Most residents of zip code 14221 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Buffalo.
- Most residents of zip code 14221 (93.89 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Buffalo also use car, track or van to go to work with 88.03 percent.
- 21.23% of the residents of zip code 14221 attend school. The school attendance in Buffalo is 24.04%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 14221 is 1:0.27. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Buffalo is 1:0.73. The largest number of housing units in zip code 14221 (69.63 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Buffalo are detached unit residences with 45.82 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 14221 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in New York
List of zip codes near 14221