Zip Code 11216 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 11216 overview
|Population||56,635||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.22|
|Land Area||0.94 sq. miles||Population Density||60,546.29 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$585||Median Home Value||$175400|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 11216 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 11216
Zip Code 11216 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||550|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||85|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||73|
|Accommodation and Food Services||59|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||42|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||18|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||14|
|Finance and Insurance||14|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||11|
|Transportation and Warehousing||10|
|Industries not classified||1|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||1|
Brooklyn vs. Zip Code 11216 Comparative Analysis
- 2.3% of Brooklyn residents live in zip code 11216. The average male population in Brooklyn is 22.29% higher then the male population of zipcode 11216. The average female population in Brooklyn is 13.85% higher then the female population of zipcode 11216. The largest racial group in zip code 11216 is black with 87.77%. Most residents occupy 2 unit dwellings with 7.7% of the total population of Brooklyn.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 11216 is 1:1.7. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.68 in Brooklyn. The highest number of families in zip code 11216 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Brooklyn earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 11216 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Brooklyn earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 11216 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Brooklyn. Most residents of zip code 11216 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of Brooklyn speak English with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 11216 (66.51 percent) use public transportation to go to work. Most residents of Brooklyn also use public transportation to go to work with 57.72 percent.
- 27.39% of the residents of zip code 11216 attend school. The school attendance in Brooklyn is 25.81%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 11216 is 1:4.76. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Brooklyn is 1:2.7. The largest number of housing units in zip code 11216 (28.82 percent) are 3 to 4 unit residences. In comparison, most housing units in Brooklyn are 50+ unit residences with 20.3 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 11216 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in New York
List of zip codes near 11216