Zip Code 55419 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 55419 overview
|Population||17,228||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.13|
|Land Area||4.20 sq. miles||Population Density||4,104.05 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$672||Median Home Value||$160800|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 55419 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 55419
Zip Code 55419 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||518|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||120|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||59|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||42|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||36|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||32|
|Accommodation and Food Services||31|
|Finance and Insurance||14|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||14|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||10|
|Transportation and Warehousing||9|
|Industries not classified||1|
Minneapolis vs. Zip Code 55419 Comparative Analysis
- 1.73% of Minneapolis residents live in zip code 55419. The average male population in Minneapolis is 20.97% higher then the male population of zipcode 55419. The average female population in Minneapolis is 10.87% higher then the female population of zipcode 55419. The largest racial group in zip code 55419 is white with 86.03%. Most residents occupy detached units with 77.91% of the total population of Minneapolis.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 55419 is 1:0.19. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.32 in Minneapolis. The highest number of families in zip code 55419 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Minneapolis earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 55419 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Minneapolis earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 55419 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Minneapolis. Most residents of zip code 55419 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of Minneapolis speak English with Spanish being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 55419 (82.57 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Minneapolis also use car, track or van to go to work with 84.12 percent.
- 19.77% of the residents of zip code 55419 attend school. The school attendance in Minneapolis is 23.19%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 55419 is 1:0.27. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Minneapolis is 1:0.55. The largest number of housing units in zip code 55419 (77.53 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Minneapolis are detached unit residences with 54.61 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 55419 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Minnesota
List of zip codes near 55419