Zip Code 48205 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 48205 overview
|Population||67,229||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.15|
|Land Area||6.38 sq. miles||Population Density||10,532.67 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$544||Median Home Value||$62400|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 48205 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 48205
Zip Code 48205 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||332|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||48|
|Accommodation and Food Services||47|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||31|
|Finance and Insurance||19|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||10|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||8|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||7|
|Transportation and Warehousing||5|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||3|
|Industries not classified||1|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||1|
Detroit vs. Zip Code 48205 Comparative Analysis
- 7.53% of Detroit residents live in zip code 48205. The average male population in Detroit is 46.43% lower then the male population of zipcode 48205. The average female population in Detroit is 47.28% lower then the female population of zipcode 48205. The largest racial group in zip code 48205 is black with 83.96%. Most residents occupy detached units with 59.24% of the total population of Detroit.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 48205 is 1:1.44. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:1.37 in Detroit. The highest number of families in zip code 48205 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Detroit earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 48205 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Detroit earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 48205 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Detroit. Most residents of zip code 48205 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of Detroit speak English with Spanish being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 48205 (85.19 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Detroit also use car, track or van to go to work with 86.37 percent.
- 34% of the residents of zip code 48205 attend school. The school attendance in Detroit is 27.67%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 48205 is 1:0.58. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Detroit is 1:0.82. The largest number of housing units in zip code 48205 (80.6 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Detroit are detached unit residences with 62.54 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 48205 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Michigan
List of zip codes near 48205