Zip Code 21224 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 21224 overview
|Population||48,245||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.1|
|Land Area||9.47 sq. miles||Population Density||5,091.87 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$562||Median Home Value||$66000|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 21224 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 21224
Zip Code 21224 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1403|
|Accommodation and Food Services||189|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||123|
|Transportation and Warehousing||115|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||114|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||112|
|Finance and Insurance||77|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||51|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||51|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||13|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||5|
|Industries not classified||4|
Baltimore vs. Zip Code 21224 Comparative Analysis
- 7.3% of Baltimore residents live in zip code 21224. The average male population in Baltimore is 32.69% lower then the male population of zipcode 21224. The average female population in Baltimore is 30.47% lower then the female population of zipcode 21224. The largest racial group in zip code 21224 is white with 71.23%. Most residents occupy detached units with 7.18% of the total population of Baltimore.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 21224 is 1:0.77. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.94 in Baltimore. The highest number of families in zip code 21224 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Baltimore earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 21224 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Baltimore earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 21224 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Baltimore. Most residents of zip code 21224 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Baltimore.
- Most residents of zip code 21224 (76.91 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Baltimore also use car, track or van to go to work with 72.14 percent.
- 20.41% of the residents of zip code 21224 attend school. The school attendance in Baltimore is 24.86%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 21224 is 1:0.56. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Baltimore is 1:0.91. The largest number of housing units in zip code 21224 (77.55 percent) are attached unit residences. In comparison, most housing units in Baltimore are attached units residences with 51.07 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 21224 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Maryland
List of zip codes near 21224