Zip Code 04401 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 04401 overview
|Population||40,524||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.11|
|Land Area||100.23 sq. miles||Population Density||404.31 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$479||Median Home Value||$91000|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 04401 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 04401
Zip Code 04401 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1928|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||326|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||182|
|Accommodation and Food Services||154|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||140|
|Finance and Insurance||122|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||111|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||78|
|Transportation and Warehousing||49|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||29|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||17|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||9|
Bangor vs. Zip Code 04401 Comparative Analysis
- The largest racial group in zip code 04401 is white with 96.19%. Most residents occupy detached units with 46.6% of the total population of Bangor.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 04401 is 1:0.35. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.35 in Bangor. The highest number of families in zip code 04401 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Bangor earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 04401 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Bangor earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 04401 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Bangor. Most residents of zip code 04401 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Bangor.
- Most residents of zip code 04401 (89.26 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Bangor also use car, track or van to go to work with 89.26 percent.
- 22.87% of the residents of zip code 04401 attend school. The school attendance in Bangor is 22.87%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 04401 is 1:0.82. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Bangor is 1:0.82. The largest number of housing units in zip code 04401 (44.83 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Bangor are detached unit residences with 44.83 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 04401 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Maine
Airports in Zip Code 04401
List of zip codes near 04401