Zip Code 71119 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 71119 overview
|Population||11,205||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.11|
|Land Area||44.35 sq. miles||Population Density||252.64 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$548||Median Home Value||$91500|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 71119 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 71119
Zip Code 71119 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||111|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||22|
|Accommodation and Food Services||11|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||7|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||5|
|Transportation and Warehousing||5|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||5|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||4|
|Finance and Insurance||3|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||2|
|Industries not classified||1|
Shreveport vs. Zip Code 71119 Comparative Analysis
- 5% of Shreveport residents live in zip code 71119. The average male population in Shreveport is 64.52% higher then the male population of zipcode 71119. The average female population in Shreveport is 68.78% higher then the female population of zipcode 71119. The largest racial group in zip code 71119 is white with 51.25%. Most residents occupy detached units with 70.75% of the total population of Shreveport.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 71119 is 1:0.33. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.59 in Shreveport. The highest number of families in zip code 71119 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Shreveport earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 71119 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Shreveport earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 71119 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Shreveport. Most residents of zip code 71119 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of Shreveport speak English with Spanish being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 71119 (97.69 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Shreveport also use car, track or van to go to work with 93.69 percent.
- 22.9% of the residents of zip code 71119 attend school. The school attendance in Shreveport is 23.82%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 71119 is 1:0.25. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Shreveport is 1:0.62. The largest number of housing units in zip code 71119 (73.88 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Shreveport are detached unit residences with 67.97 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 71119 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Louisiana
List of zip codes near 71119