Zip Code 70127 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 70127 overview
|Population||31,363||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.24|
|Land Area||7.10 sq. miles||Population Density||4,420.31 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$494||Median Home Value||$84300|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 70127 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 70127
Zip Code 70127 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||211|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||41|
|Accommodation and Food Services||24|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||14|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||14|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||13|
|Finance and Insurance||12|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||7|
|Transportation and Warehousing||6|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||1|
New Orleans vs. Zip Code 70127 Comparative Analysis
- 5.97% of New Orleans residents live in zip code 70127. The average male population in New Orleans is 7.18% lower then the male population of zipcode 70127. The average female population in New Orleans is 15.53% lower then the female population of zipcode 70127. The largest racial group in zip code 70127 is black with 84.95%. Most residents occupy detached units with 48.59% of the total population of New Orleans.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 70127 is 1:0.9. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.84 in New Orleans. The highest number of families in zip code 70127 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in New Orleans earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 70127 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in New Orleans earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 70127 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 1 person in New Orleans. Most residents of zip code 70127 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to New Orleans.
- Most residents of zip code 70127 (85.17 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of New Orleans also use car, track or van to go to work with 78.59 percent.
- 29.1% of the residents of zip code 70127 attend school. The school attendance in New Orleans is 26.89%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 70127 is 1:1.08. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in New Orleans is 1:1.09. The largest number of housing units in zip code 70127 (46.63 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in New Orleans are detached unit residences with 43.46 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 70127 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Louisiana
List of zip codes near 70127