Zip Code 40223 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 40223 overview
|Population||21,732||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.1|
|Land Area||11.74 sq. miles||Population Density||1,850.73 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$681||Median Home Value||$175100|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 40223 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 40223
Zip Code 40223 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1078|
|Finance and Insurance||175|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||167|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||89|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||73|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||68|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||62|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||45|
|Accommodation and Food Services||41|
|Transportation and Warehousing||27|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||15|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||1|
|Industries not classified||1|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
Louisville vs. Zip Code 40223 Comparative Analysis
- 3.15% of Louisville residents live in zip code 40223. The average male population in Louisville is 2.84% higher then the male population of zipcode 40223. The average female population in Louisville is 2.11% higher then the female population of zipcode 40223. The largest racial group in zip code 40223 is white with 87.88%. Most residents occupy detached units with 66.79% of the total population of Louisville.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 40223 is 1:0.2. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.4 in Louisville. The highest number of families in zip code 40223 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Louisville earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 40223 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Louisville earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 40223 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Louisville. Most residents of zip code 40223 speak English as their first language with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of Louisville speak English with Spanish being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 40223 (95.17 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Louisville also use car, track or van to go to work with 92.43 percent.
- 22.77% of the residents of zip code 40223 attend school. The school attendance in Louisville is 21.95%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 40223 is 1:0.4. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Louisville is 1:0.54. The largest number of housing units in zip code 40223 (59.91 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Louisville are detached unit residences with 66.44 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 40223 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Kentucky
List of zip codes near 40223