Zip Code 66106 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 66106 overview
|Population||24,374||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.06|
|Land Area||18.61 sq. miles||Population Density||1,309.78 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$515||Median Home Value||$58900|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 66106 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 66106
Zip Code 66106 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||412|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||41|
|Transportation and Warehousing||37|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||27|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||26|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||22|
|Accommodation and Food Services||22|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||16|
|Finance and Insurance||11|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||9|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||2|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
Kansas City vs. Zip Code 66106 Comparative Analysis
- 16.09% of Kansas City residents live in zip code 66106. The average male population in Kansas City is 30.71% lower then the male population of zipcode 66106. The average female population in Kansas City is 31.13% lower then the female population of zipcode 66106. The largest racial group in zip code 66106 is white with 76.92%. Most residents occupy detached units with 66.15% of the total population of Kansas City.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 66106 is 1:0.42. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.54 in Kansas City. The highest number of families in zip code 66106 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Kansas City earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 66106 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Kansas City earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 66106 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Kansas City. Most residents of zip code 66106 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Kansas City.
- Most residents of zip code 66106 (96.89 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Kansas City also use car, track or van to go to work with 95.05 percent.
- 23.79% of the residents of zip code 66106 attend school. The school attendance in Kansas City is 23.42%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 66106 is 1:0.47. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Kansas City is 1:0.6. The largest number of housing units in zip code 66106 (76.38 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Kansas City are detached unit residences with 69.33 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 66106 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Kansas
List of zip codes near 66106