Zip Code 51103 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 51103 overview
|Population||17,721||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 0.99|
|Land Area||10.55 sq. miles||Population Density||1,679.40 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$451||Median Home Value||$61000|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 51103 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 51103
Zip Code 51103 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||265|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||40|
|Accommodation and Food Services||35|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||16|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||14|
|Finance and Insurance||11|
|Transportation and Warehousing||9|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||8|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||6|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6|
|Industries not classified||4|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||1|
Sioux City vs. Zip Code 51103 Comparative Analysis
- 20.14% of Sioux City residents live in zip code 51103. The average male population in Sioux City is 39.66% lower then the male population of zipcode 51103. The average female population in Sioux City is 36.17% lower then the female population of zipcode 51103. The largest racial group in zip code 51103 is white with 77.21%. Most residents occupy detached units with 61.24% of the total population of Sioux City.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 51103 is 1:0.41. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.29 in Sioux City. The highest number of families in zip code 51103 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Sioux City earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 51103 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Sioux City earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 51103 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Sioux City. Most residents of zip code 51103 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Sioux City.
- Most residents of zip code 51103 (93.64 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Sioux City also use car, track or van to go to work with 93.44 percent.
- 23.42% of the residents of zip code 51103 attend school. The school attendance in Sioux City is 23.14%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 51103 is 1:0.56. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Sioux City is 1:0.49. The largest number of housing units in zip code 51103 (75.51 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Sioux City are detached unit residences with 69.32 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 51103 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Iowa
List of zip codes near 51103