Zip Code 46168 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 46168 overview
|Population||22,578||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 0.89|
|Land Area||32.25 sq. miles||Population Density||699.99 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$627||Median Home Value||$131700|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 46168 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 46168
Zip Code 46168 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||726|
|Accommodation and Food Services||91|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||78|
|Transportation and Warehousing||58|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||48|
|Finance and Insurance||46|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||46|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||44|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||30|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||7|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||1|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
Plainfield vs. Zip Code 46168 Comparative Analysis
- The largest racial group in zip code 46168 is white with 93.2%. Most residents occupy detached units with 60.72% of the total population of Plainfield.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 46168 is 1:0.19. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.19 in Plainfield. The highest number of families in zip code 46168 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Plainfield earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 46168 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Plainfield earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 46168 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Plainfield. Most residents of zip code 46168 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Plainfield.
- Most residents of zip code 46168 (95.84 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Plainfield also use car, track or van to go to work with 95.84 percent.
- 20.85% of the residents of zip code 46168 attend school. The school attendance in Plainfield is 20.85%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 46168 is 1:0.4. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Plainfield is 1:0.4. The largest number of housing units in zip code 46168 (68.35 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Plainfield are detached unit residences with 68.35 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 46168 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Indiana
List of zip codes near 46168