Zip Code 46237 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 46237 overview
|Population||30,198||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.04|
|Land Area||14.86 sq. miles||Population Density||2,031.69 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$638||Median Home Value||$112000|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 46237 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 46237
Zip Code 46237 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||581|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||84|
|Accommodation and Food Services||66|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||54|
|Finance and Insurance||47|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||43|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||34|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||32|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||14|
|Transportation and Warehousing||10|
|Industries not classified||1|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||1|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||1|
Indianapolis vs. Zip Code 46237 Comparative Analysis
- 3.5% of Indianapolis residents live in zip code 46237. The average male population in Indianapolis is 23.91% lower then the male population of zipcode 46237. The average female population in Indianapolis is 21.6% lower then the female population of zipcode 46237. The largest racial group in zip code 46237 is white with 95.24%. Most residents occupy detached units with 75.41% of the total population of Indianapolis.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 46237 is 1:0.23. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.44 in Indianapolis. The highest number of families in zip code 46237 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Indianapolis earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 46237 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in Indianapolis earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 46237 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Indianapolis. Most residents of zip code 46237 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Indianapolis.
- Most residents of zip code 46237 (97.32 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Indianapolis also use car, track or van to go to work with 93.02 percent.
- 22.99% of the residents of zip code 46237 attend school. The school attendance in Indianapolis is 22.46%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 46237 is 1:0.37. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Indianapolis is 1:0.68. The largest number of housing units in zip code 46237 (68.29 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Indianapolis are detached unit residences with 58.31 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 46237 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Indiana
List of zip codes near 46237