Zip Code 61102 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 61102 overview
|Population||21,053||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 0.99|
|Land Area||34.43 sq. miles||Population Density||611.51 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$454||Median Home Value||$57000|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 61102 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 61102
Zip Code 61102 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||229|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||33|
|Transportation and Warehousing||22|
|Accommodation and Food Services||17|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||10|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||9|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||7|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||4|
|Finance and Insurance||3|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||2|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||2|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting||1|
Rockford vs. Zip Code 61102 Comparative Analysis
- 11.19% of Rockford residents live in zip code 61102. The average male population in Rockford is 4.16% lower then the male population of zipcode 61102. The average female population in Rockford is 2.8% higher then the female population of zipcode 61102. The largest racial group in zip code 61102 is white with 46.91%. Most residents occupy detached units with 55.18% of the total population of Rockford.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 61102 is 1:0.51. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.35 in Rockford. The highest number of families in zip code 61102 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Rockford earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 61102 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Rockford earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 61102 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Rockford. Most residents of zip code 61102 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Rockford.
- Most residents of zip code 61102 (93.56 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Rockford also use car, track or van to go to work with 94.28 percent.
- 24.44% of the residents of zip code 61102 attend school. The school attendance in Rockford is 22%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 61102 is 1:0.44. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Rockford is 1:0.53. The largest number of housing units in zip code 61102 (69.13 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Rockford are detached unit residences with 64.38 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 61102 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Illinois
List of zip codes near 61102