Zip Code 60641 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 60641 overview
|Population||73,626||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1|
|Land Area||4.04 sq. miles||Population Density||18,216.14 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$602||Median Home Value||$163100|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 60641 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 60641
Zip Code 60641 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1304|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||155|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||136|
|Finance and Insurance||96|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||91|
|Accommodation and Food Services||89|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||60|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||53|
|Transportation and Warehousing||38|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||16|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||6|
Chicago vs. Zip Code 60641 Comparative Analysis
- 2.56% of Chicago residents live in zip code 60641. The average male population in Chicago is 29.87% lower then the male population of zipcode 60641. The average female population in Chicago is 25.34% lower then the female population of zipcode 60641. The largest racial group in zip code 60641 is white with 71.28%. Most residents occupy detached units with 34.29% of the total population of Chicago.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 60641 is 1:0.38. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.65 in Chicago. The highest number of families in zip code 60641 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Chicago earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 60641 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Chicago earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 60641 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Chicago. Most residents of zip code 60641 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Chicago.
- Most residents of zip code 60641 (77.15 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Chicago also use car, track or van to go to work with 65.08 percent.
- 21.92% of the residents of zip code 60641 attend school. The school attendance in Chicago is 25.24%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 60641 is 1:1.05. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Chicago is 1:1.28. The largest number of housing units in zip code 60641 (30.64 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Chicago are detached unit residences with 24.8 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 60641 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Illinois
List of zip codes near 60641