Zip Code 30601 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 30601 overview
|Population||17,526||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 0.98|
|Land Area||23.60 sq. miles||Population Density||742.57 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$453||Median Home Value||$70200|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 30601 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 30601
Zip Code 30601 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||665|
|Accommodation and Food Services||125|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||65|
|Finance and Insurance||62|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||49|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||42|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||32|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||27|
|Transportation and Warehousing||13|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||7|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||5|
Athens vs. Zip Code 30601 Comparative Analysis
- 17.2% of Athens residents live in zip code 30601. The average male population in Athens is 13.14% higher then the male population of zipcode 30601. The average female population in Athens is 19.46% higher then the female population of zipcode 30601. The largest racial group in zip code 30601 is black with 56.12%. Most residents occupy detached units with 28.73% of the total population of Athens.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 30601 is 1:0.99. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.49 in Athens. The highest number of families in zip code 30601 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Athens earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 30601 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Athens earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 30601 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Athens. Most residents of zip code 30601 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Athens.
- Most residents of zip code 30601 (86.65 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Athens also use car, track or van to go to work with 89.8 percent.
- 31.07% of the residents of zip code 30601 attend school. The school attendance in Athens is 43.01%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 30601 is 1:1.28. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Athens is 1:1.39. The largest number of housing units in zip code 30601 (40.5 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Athens are detached unit residences with 44.38 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 30601 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Georgia
List of zip codes near 30601