Zip Code 34234 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 34234 overview
|Population||20,552||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.14|
|Land Area||6.64 sq. miles||Population Density||3,092.94 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$563||Median Home Value||$78600|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 34234 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 34234
Zip Code 34234 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||553|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||54|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||49|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||36|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||32|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||29|
|Accommodation and Food Services||27|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||13|
|Finance and Insurance||10|
|Transportation and Warehousing||9|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||2|
|Industries not classified||1|
Sarasota vs. Zip Code 34234 Comparative Analysis
- 9.38% of Sarasota residents live in zip code 34234. The average male population in Sarasota is 15.99% lower then the male population of zipcode 34234. The average female population in Sarasota is 19.67% lower then the female population of zipcode 34234. The largest racial group in zip code 34234 is white with 55.73%. Most residents occupy detached units with 41% of the total population of Sarasota.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 34234 is 1:0.58. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.22 in Sarasota. The highest number of families in zip code 34234 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Sarasota earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 34234 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Sarasota earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 34234 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Sarasota. Most residents of zip code 34234 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of Sarasota speak English with Other European language (excluding English or Spanish) being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 34234 (89.36 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Sarasota also use car, track or van to go to work with 91.67 percent.
- 22.92% of the residents of zip code 34234 attend school. The school attendance in Sarasota is 15.89%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 34234 is 1:0.6. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Sarasota is 1:0.35. The largest number of housing units in zip code 34234 (50.07 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Sarasota are detached unit residences with 55.67 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 34234 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Florida
List of zip codes near 34234