Zip Code 19720 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 19720 overview
|Population||55,576||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.09|
|Land Area||37.10 sq. miles||Population Density||1,497.88 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$667||Median Home Value||$105200|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 19720 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 19720
Zip Code 19720 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1409|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||133|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||112|
|Accommodation and Food Services||107|
|Transportation and Warehousing||104|
|Finance and Insurance||98|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||87|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||70|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||56|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||18|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||17|
|Industries not classified||1|
New Castle vs. Zip Code 19720 Comparative Analysis
- The largest racial group in zip code 19720 is white with 64.1%. Most residents occupy detached units with 60.51% of the total population of New Castle.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 19720 is 1:0.41. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.41 in New Castle. The highest number of families in zip code 19720 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in New Castle earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 19720 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in New Castle earn $50,000 to $100,000. The largest household size in zip code 19720 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in New Castle. Most residents of zip code 19720 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to New Castle.
- Most residents of zip code 19720 (93.76 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of New Castle also use car, track or van to go to work with 93.76 percent.
- 22.32% of the residents of zip code 19720 attend school. The school attendance in New Castle is 22.32%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 19720 is 1:0.42. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in New Castle is 1:0.42. The largest number of housing units in zip code 19720 (61.49 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in New Castle are detached unit residences with 61.49 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 19720 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Delaware
List of zip codes near 19720