Zip Code 80231 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 80231 overview
|Population||51,891||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.1|
|Land Area||4.72 sq. miles||Population Density||11,005.05 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$767||Median Home Value||$192700|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 80231 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 80231
Zip Code 80231 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||976|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||154|
|Finance and Insurance||102|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||95|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||92|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||83|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||67|
|Accommodation and Food Services||55|
|Transportation and Warehousing||14|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||11|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||7|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||4|
|Industries not classified||1|
Denver vs. Zip Code 80231 Comparative Analysis
- 5.66% of Denver residents live in zip code 80231. The average male population in Denver is 49.71% lower then the male population of zipcode 80231. The average female population in Denver is 54.6% lower then the female population of zipcode 80231. The largest racial group in zip code 80231 is white with 73.2%. Most residents occupy detached units with 17.64% of the total population of Denver.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 80231 is 1:0.37. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.37 in Denver. The highest number of families in zip code 80231 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Denver earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 80231 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Denver earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 80231 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Denver. Most residents of zip code 80231 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Denver.
- Most residents of zip code 80231 (89.49 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Denver also use car, track or van to go to work with 85.62 percent.
- 17.67% of the residents of zip code 80231 attend school. The school attendance in Denver is 21.54%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 80231 is 1:1.34. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Denver is 1:0.76. The largest number of housing units in zip code 80231 (20.78 percent) are 20 to 49 unit residences. In comparison, most housing units in Denver are detached unit residences with 49.02 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 80231 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Colorado
List of zip codes near 80231