Zip Code 92122 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 92122 overview
|Population||34,756||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.05|
|Land Area||15.93 sq. miles||Population Density||2,181.88 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$1133||Median Home Value||$340600|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 92122 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 92122
Zip Code 92122 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1167|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||253|
|Finance and Insurance||167|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||119|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||108|
|Accommodation and Food Services||85|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||64|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||50|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||17|
|Transportation and Warehousing||10|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||7|
|Industries not classified||2|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
San Diego vs. Zip Code 92122 Comparative Analysis
- 3.04% of San Diego residents live in zip code 92122. The average male population in San Diego is 13.82% higher then the male population of zipcode 92122. The average female population in San Diego is 5.88% higher then the female population of zipcode 92122. The largest racial group in zip code 92122 is white with 73.61%. Most residents occupy detached units with 30.26% of the total population of San Diego.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 92122 is 1:0.21. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.34 in San Diego. The highest number of families in zip code 92122 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in San Diego earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 92122 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of households in San Diego earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 92122 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 2 people in San Diego. Most residents of zip code 92122 speak English as their first language with Asian being the second most spoken language. In comparison, most residents of San Diego speak English with Spanish being the second most spoken language.
- Most residents of zip code 92122 (88.8 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of San Diego also use car, track or van to go to work with 87.96 percent.
- 28.25% of the residents of zip code 92122 attend school. The school attendance in San Diego is 27.37%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 92122 is 1:1.47. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in San Diego is 1:1.04. The largest number of housing units in zip code 92122 (31.31 percent) are 50+ unit residences. In comparison, most housing units in San Diego are detached unit residences with 46.75 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 92122 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in California
List of zip codes near 92122