Zip Code 92104 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 92104 overview
|Population||47,380||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 0.97|
|Land Area||3.79 sq. miles||Population Density||12,502.64 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$621||Median Home Value||$194100|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 92104 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 92104
Zip Code 92104 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||652|
|Accommodation and Food Services||90|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||82|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||81|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||60|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||46|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||33|
|Finance and Insurance||32|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||17|
|Transportation and Warehousing||6|
|Industries not classified||5|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||2|
San Diego vs. Zip Code 92104 Comparative Analysis
- 4.14% of San Diego residents live in zip code 92104. The average male population in San Diego is 19.95% lower then the male population of zipcode 92104. The average female population in San Diego is 19.02% lower then the female population of zipcode 92104. The largest racial group in zip code 92104 is white with 56.01%. Most residents occupy detached units with 20.95% of the total population of San Diego.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 92104 is 1:0.69. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.34 in San Diego. The highest number of families in zip code 92104 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in San Diego earn $50,000 to $100,000.
- The highest number of households in zip code 92104 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in San Diego earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 92104 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 2 people in San Diego. Most residents of zip code 92104 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to San Diego.
- Most residents of zip code 92104 (84.94 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of San Diego also use car, track or van to go to work with 87.96 percent.
- 25.14% of the residents of zip code 92104 attend school. The school attendance in San Diego is 27.37%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 92104 is 1:2.76. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in San Diego is 1:1.04. The largest number of housing units in zip code 92104 (34.77 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in San Diego are detached unit residences with 46.75 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 92104 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in California
List of zip codes near 92104