Zip Code 90059 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 90059 overview
|Population||37,956||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.16|
|Land Area||3.31 sq. miles||Population Density||11,454.96 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$500||Median Home Value||$130500|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 90059 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 90059
Zip Code 90059 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||213|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||37|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||26|
|Accommodation and Food Services||16|
|Transportation and Warehousing||13|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||7|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||4|
|Finance and Insurance||3|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||2|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||2|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||1|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
Los Angeles vs. Zip Code 90059 Comparative Analysis
- 1.61% of Los Angeles residents live in zip code 90059. The average male population in Los Angeles is 10.96% higher then the male population of zipcode 90059. The average female population in Los Angeles is 2.98% lower then the female population of zipcode 90059. The largest racial group in zip code 90059 is black with 45.11%. Most residents occupy detached units with 38.88% of the total population of Los Angeles.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 90059 is 1:1.09. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.59 in Los Angeles. The highest number of families in zip code 90059 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Los Angeles earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 90059 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Los Angeles earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 90059 is 2 people per household in comparison to that of 1 person in Los Angeles. Most residents of zip code 90059 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Los Angeles.
- Most residents of zip code 90059 (82.55 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Los Angeles also use car, track or van to go to work with 75.98 percent.
- 35.17% of the residents of zip code 90059 attend school. The school attendance in Los Angeles is 27.63%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 90059 is 1:1.26. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Los Angeles is 1:2.34. The largest number of housing units in zip code 90059 (60.94 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Los Angeles are detached unit residences with 33.25 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 90059 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in California
List of zip codes near 90059