Zip Code 85020 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 85020 overview
|Population||34,688||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.01|
|Land Area||8.89 sq. miles||Population Density||3,901.47 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$638||Median Home Value||$133600|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 85020 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 85020
Zip Code 85020 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||1094|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||207|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||146|
|Finance and Insurance||126|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||98|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||74|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||69|
|Accommodation and Food Services||67|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||11|
|Management of Companies and Enterprises||10|
|Transportation and Warehousing||6|
|Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction||1|
Phoenix vs. Zip Code 85020 Comparative Analysis
- 2.88% of Phoenix residents live in zip code 85020. The average male population in Phoenix is 9.37% lower then the male population of zipcode 85020. The average female population in Phoenix is 12.84% lower then the female population of zipcode 85020. The largest racial group in zip code 85020 is white with 82.8%. Most residents occupy detached units with 44.47% of the total population of Phoenix.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 85020 is 1:0.42. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.41 in Phoenix. The highest number of families in zip code 85020 earn $50,000 to $100,000. The highest number of families in Phoenix earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 85020 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Phoenix earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 85020 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Phoenix. Most residents of zip code 85020 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Phoenix.
- Most residents of zip code 85020 (89.86 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Phoenix also use car, track or van to go to work with 89.64 percent.
- 20.29% of the residents of zip code 85020 attend school. The school attendance in Phoenix is 24.35%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 85020 is 1:0.74. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Phoenix is 1:0.71. The largest number of housing units in zip code 85020 (44.33 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Phoenix are detached unit residences with 55.13 percent.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Arizona
List of zip codes near 85020