Zip Code 38126 Demographic Data and Things to do
Zip code 38126 overview
|Population||8,031||Male / Female Ratio||1 : 1.13|
|Land Area||1.82 sq. miles||Population Density||4,414.09 / sq. mile|
|Median Gross Rent ||$257||Median Home Value||$39400|
map loading...If the map doesn't load, press F5 to refresh the screen
Zip Code Comparison Tool
Or compare 38126 to other zip codes in the area
Review Zip Code 38126
Zip Code 38126 Business Counts by Industry
|Industry Type ||Count |
|Total of all sectors||134|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||31|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||18|
|Accommodation and Food Services||8|
|Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||5|
|Finance and Insurance||5|
|Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services||4|
|Transportation and Warehousing||4|
|Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation||2|
|Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services||2|
Memphis vs. Zip Code 38126 Comparative Analysis
- 1.1% of Memphis residents live in zip code 38126. The average male population in Memphis is 239.83% higher then the male population of zipcode 38126. The average female population in Memphis is 233.61% higher then the female population of zipcode 38126. The largest racial group in zip code 38126 is black with 96.76%. Most residents occupy detached units with 16.19% of the total population of Memphis.
- The ratio of married couples to non-married couples in zip code 38126 is 1:4.71. This compares to the married to non-married couples ratio of 1:0.73 in Memphis. The highest number of families in zip code 38126 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of families in Memphis earn $30,000 or less.
- The highest number of households in zip code 38126 earn $30,000 or less. The highest number of households in Memphis earn $30,000 or less. The largest household size in zip code 38126 is 1 person per household in comparison to that of 2 people in Memphis. Most residents of zip code 38126 speak English as their first language with Spanish being the second most spoken language. The same language statistics apply to Memphis.
- Most residents of zip code 38126 (63.99 percent) use car, track or van to go to work. Most residents of Memphis also use car, track or van to go to work with 93.67 percent.
- 33.09% of the residents of zip code 38126 attend school. The school attendance in Memphis is 25.51%. Please note: this comparison does not take into account population of the area being analyzed. Areas with older population will generally have a smaller school attendance rate.
- Real Estate
- Owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in zip code 38126 is 1:4.93. The average owner to tenant house occupancy ratio in Memphis is 1:0.68. The largest number of housing units in zip code 38126 (29.51 percent) are detached unit residences. Most housing units in Memphis are detached unit residences with 63.12 percent.
Zip Code Rankings
See how zip code 38126 ranks on the lists of the best and worst zip codes in America. The lists were created based on specific zip code demographics data obtained from the Census 2000.
You can see all the Top 100 zip code reports by visiting the Zip Code reports page.
Check out the top 10 zip codes lists in Tennessee
List of zip codes near 38126